Our Past Week

Saturday, May 12, 2007

We celebrated Mother’s Day today and today I got to sleep in, which I hardly ever do, and Jonathan “made” Dunkn’ Doughnuts for breakfast. After chores where done, we went out to go get some things, for our trip on Monday, at Wal-Mart, and we finally were able to buy Grace a bigger car seat. For lunch Jonathan “made” Some Burros, which happens to be my favorite Mexican food place. Before dinner Josiah and Grace gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers!

100_1754

For dinner we went out to Olive Garden and ate to our stomachs content. Oh and we had the riches Chocolate gelato that I have ever had!

 

Sunday, May 13, 2007

I would rather not talk about this day, but here it goes!  I accidentally woke up late and the children were screaming their heads off because they were hungry and I had slept late, so I quickly made breakfast and went and got the children. (this part is not for the squeamish) So I go to get Grace and it reeks like poop in her room and I glance into her bed as I pick her up and it looked like she had thrown up all over her bed and on herself. I thought oh well I get that later and I went to go change her poopy diaper. As I go to change her diaper I realize that the color of her poop is the same color as the matter in her bed. Now I realize that the matter in her bed is also in her hair and on her face. I was like “forget it you’re taking a bath!” But before I put her in a bath I have to get Josiah out of his room so that he could go start eating. And to my surprise he also had pooped in his pull-up. So, to make a long story short, in the end, Grace did get a bath, Josiah did get his poopy bottom cleaned up and they both got to eat, eventually. . . and I did get Grace’s bed cleaned up and the awful smell out of her room. Some how I did this all in the amount of time that it took Jonathan to take his shower. Jonathan did make up for his absence by giving me a corsage to wear to church.

100_1756

 

 We did go out to eat for brunch with my family to Sweet Tomatoes, which just happened to be another horror story in its self, which I will not even mention.

The picture below, my dad took by the pond behind Sweet Tomatoes in Tempe.

100_1737

100_1743

 

Monday, May 14, 2007

Today we left for Greer, Arizona! What a beautiful place this is! I would definitely recommend that this place be a place where you want to get away from it all, because you do get away from it all.

 

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Our third anniversary was today. We spent most of it hiking by the Little Colorado River that runs behind the Greer Lodge Resort were we are staying.

100_1792

 

And playing in the meadow!

 

100_1771

 

Jonathan and I exchanged our gifts in the evening after the children had gone to bed. Because the third anniversary present is traditionally leather, Jonathan gave me a calf skin leather ESV journaling Bible. I gave him a 1587 map of the world that was hand stamped on to the leather.

 

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It’s our last day here and it rained most of the day.  Did you know that children get really strange when they get cabin fever> Because of this we decided it was time to get out and take a drive through the forest. We got to see a herd of ten does grazing off the side of the rode. There is some really strange landscaping once you pass 8,000 feet.

100_1820

 

This is the only place that I know of in Arizona where brown grass looks really pretty.

With that I’ll leave you with some more pictures of our trip!

 

100_1864

We found this pinecone while we were hiking. It's an over achiever! It was as big as my foot and I wear size 7 1/2

100_1779 

This was so beautiful!

100_1786

Grace and I sitting in the GREEN grass!

100_1826

See how thick the woods are!! It was so amazing! You could barley see into the forest.

100_1835

Were we ate breakfast on Thursday morning.

100_1841

Josiah loved being free and able to run wherever he wanted!

 

100_1858

Our cabin was called The. . .

 100_1830

Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures in side of the cabin but if you go on their website they have pictures of the inside. They are building three more cabins and they are going to look really nice and comfy.

All in all we had a wonderful time and we wish we could have stayed forever. Maybe someday we could move to this place, only if God would allow us to.

Comments