A Very Full Update

I cannot believe that my last posting was on March 6th! Has this month gone by that fast? A lot has happened to our family this month so I will go through what each person has experienced and maybe post some pictures too.

Jonathan
I love this man so much! I have seen him mature (not that he was immature) so much in the past two months that his maturing has humbled me and shown me see how amazing it is to watch God work in someone. The man that I married had become the head of me and our home (our spiritual and financial leader and provider) and I would have it no other way!

Me
I'm learning to live without getting all stressed out about every little thing that happens in our home. I'm learning that my children will not always be my little babies and that they wont always be little. I'm learning how to be a better strategist. I have been preparing the curriculum that I will be using for "teaching" preschool to Josiah and Grace. I've found out that I love to buy our groceries at Safeway.com :) (we spend the same online as we would at Wal-Mart). I've also found out that I love to hang up our laundry on the clothes line to dry (because our dryer is broken). Our clothes smell so home-y; I love it! The best part of all, of what I have been learning, is that I am a pitiful wretched sinner who has received the gift of saving faith, from the Holy Spirit, so that I can believe on my Redeemer, who has revived my soul from my ugly filthy sinful self.

Josiah
He's three now!! Can you believe that?? And he is very much the stubborn-headed first born child. He talks so much and has grown so tall. At his three year check up He weighed 31 lbs and was exactly 3ft. tall. But please keep him in your prayers because his pediatrician heard his heart murmur. We will be taking him to a heart Dr., on April 8th, just to get him checked out and make sure nothing is really wrong. Josiah has been learning a lot of bible verses; such as Bless the Lord Psalm 103:1, Be kind Ephesians 4:32, Be thankful Colossians 3:15, and Love one another 1 John 4:7. When I start teaching them they are also going to learn the 10 commandments and the Lord's prayer.

Grace
She is definatly two years old and very defiant. But she can be such the sweetets cuddly little girl. At her two year check up she weighed 22 lbs 8 oz and was 33 in. tall. She loves to help me clean and cook. She loves to sing at the top of her lungs, just like her mama did when she was little. She also loves to be a little mommy to Autumn and to her babies. She has also been learning the bible verses listed above.

Autumn
At her one month check up she weighed 8 lbs. 9oz, but I'm sure she weighs more than that now. She is starting to smile. It's so cute to see her smile at her big brother and sister. She is also starting to coo and this afternoon, as Jonathan was leaving to go back to work she was cooing at him. She is so wonderful to breastfeed. She got the hang of it really fast. She eats so incredibly fast (five minutes max on each side) I almost worry sometimes, but I know that she is getting enough because she is never hungry except when she is supposed to be (about every three hours) and she is gaining weight like crazy. We are still working on going to sleep when she is supposed to for her bedtime. If she had her way she would like to go to sleep at 10:30pm.



After much studying and praying the Lord led us to baptize our children, so on Sunday, March 16, 2008 (palm Sunday) they were baptized into the family of God. It was such a blessing to witness and experience God's saving power through the washing of the water and the Word. Autumn got to wear my baptizim gown that I wore when I was baptized.

Comments

Unknown said…
Tara, it was lovely looking at familiar faces, the beauty of pictures but most of all your growth in Christ.

I see God smilling on you.

With Love,
Anne
angela said…
I missed you at church Sunday. Oh yes, I want to see you too and the rest of the family. = ) But I want to see the new baby!!See ya Sunday. Love ya!!
Unknown said…
hello beautiful tara, i loved this update... i can't believe i missed it! :-)