A Prey Not Caught...

I had a very interestingly scary experience at Wal-Mart yesterday.
About half way through getting my groceries (I was in the frozen foods) I noticed a man that I had seen earlier in my shopping trip taking a rather long time looking at things. He had no cart, no shopping list, and not even one of those baskets you can get if your not getting very many thing. (When I am out and about by myself I am very aware of my surroundings. I am always glancing around just being cautious) So I took note of it and moved on to get some of the things I had forgotten. Then I noticed him again, around where I was, taking a very long time looking at an item. This started to seem very strange to me. Then when I was about to go check my groceries out I stopped by the meat to get some chicken and then I needed to get some sausage and as I was walking there I felt someone walking rather close behind me and I did one of those peripheral vision glances and it was him! So I stopped and got my sausage and turned to look to see where he was and he quickly picked up some meat and looked at it very hard and deliberate. I was totally freaked out by now and walked as fast as I could, glancing behind me every now and then, to pay for my groceries. When I reached a check out line he then walked by the line I was in and glanced at me from the corner of his eye after he walked by. I was so scared that I couldn't even think what order to put the groceries in on the conveyor belt (I always put my groceries on in the order from the heaviest to the lightest). After I payed I then went to a Wal-Mart employee and told them of my situation and asked for assistance out to the car. As we were walking out we passed the line that he was in and he was just about ready to leave it when we walked by(remember that he didn't have anything to buy, and I couldn't see if he was just waiting for me or if he did have something). The manager helped me put my groceries in the car and stayed until I was in the car and leaving. I got in the car and locked the doors and drove away.

My thoughts were on this incident all day yesterday. I kept thinking that maybe I was just being paranoid and over reacting to mere coincidence's. But then I thought of how everything was so strange from how he was taking longer than usual to look at items and how I had seen him about every were I had went and how he was walking very uncomfortably behind me in the meat department. So there is no way he could not have been following me.

I am so glad that nothing had happened to me and that I was very aware of everything happening around me. I don't want to even imagine what would have happened if I had not asked for help out to the car. That very thought scares me to death.

Comments

Unknown said…
oh my goodness tara! that is so crazy! i'm glad you had the where with all to notice that he was following you, AND that you actually listend to your instincts (and maybe even the Holy Spirit) and asked for help out. too often i think people ignore those instincts and pay for it in the end.
Unknown said…
dude that's crazy. i'm glad you're alright!
Kamella said…
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to say everything Moni said, so I will just say ditto to that...and SO VERY HAPPY nothing happened to you...

I wish I were with you, I would have kicked that scary pervert in the nuts....jerk.