Our Garden

Our Garden
Here are a few pictures of our biggest pumpkin and watermelon.

This is the biggest pumpkin we have right now. I've only been able to find 3 pumpkins. This one, one that's a littlle smaller, and a "baby" one (as the children call it).

This is the biggest watermelon that we have. We counted seven the other night.
Our sunflowers are a pathetic sight so I didn't bother taking pictures of them. Their blossoms are so heavy that they droop over. I love sunflower seeds, so I can't wait to harvest them.
I just love homemaking sometimes. I love being able to do my own thing and take a break when i need to. But sometimes I'm down right selfish and just wish the day would end so my husband can deal wiith the kids and everything else so I could go to bed and read. That is not what my job is, though. Homemaking has to be 100%, if not more, selfless. It's so hard to learn selflessness when I'm by myself everyday, that is why we have a bible to learn from Esther, Mary & Martha, Jesus' Mother, Sarah, Abigal, and so many other godly women of the bible and most importantly from the Saviour. Lately I've been trying to figure out how I can honor and respect my husband, I know I do (because he told me I honor and respect him), but I don't know how I do it.
I hope all of my readers have a lovely weekend.
I leave you with a video of Grace.



I thought this was awesome!

Comments

Unknown said…
oh my goodness! i love the video!

also, your garden is beautiful. i appreciate hearing about your struggles. it's easy to think that if i didn't have to work (part time or not) things would be perfect, but the reality is that selflessness is a fleshly struggle for all.