Crafty Christmas Presents

When the autumn season arrives I get an itching to make things. Lately, to the help of some blogs that I read, I've found some of the cutest things to make for my children for Christmas. I'll start with the finished present first.

Autumn's Christmas Present: Joann's Butterfly Quilt

DSCF5840 I found this pattern just walking through a Joann's store and I was so excited to start making it. The only thing I had to buy was the batting (the inside squishy stuff), because I ran out of it working on another project. All of the fabric was from my scrap box. Of course I cheated just a little and machine quilted it because it would have taken me forever to finish quilting it buy hand.

Grace's Christmas Present:

Vintage Paper Doll and Clothing and Sewing Cards You can download these for free on LuLu.com.

Vintage Paper Doll and Clothing: (the description) Have fun with these six pages of vintage paper doll clothing. The original doll is missing but you can print out the one on the box lid. The clothing is meant to be rubbed with a cloth and then it "magically" sticks to the paper dolls with static electricity. You'll have to figure out your own way of making them stick. I haven't done these yet, because I need to go out and buy a color ink cartridge for the printer, but I have been thinking about how I was going to make it work with out having tabs on the clothing and not having the real doll that came with the clothing. I'm going to print everything out on white card stock and and laminate it in the clear plastic stuff that you can line the inside of the cabinet with (I cannot think of what the stuff is called right now) and the put a couple of Velcro circles on the body and on the clothing.

For the Sewing Cards I'm going to print that out on card stock as well and laminate it and punch holes where it is indicated and the buy some shoe strings to "sew" the cards with.

Josiah's Christmas Present:

I am going to make a cute little sock monkey for him. I think he will love this (if it turns out ok). And I'm going to make these neat ABC Fabric Magnets for him as well

Also for the children I ordered two books each from PaperBackSwap.com and I am just waiting for one more to come in the mail.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
I'm thinking of getting my husband the Roger Moore autobiography in the Waterstones sale for Christmas. He loves reading and he has always said that Roger Moore was his favourite bond so I hope he likes this.