Daybook Monday October 20, 2008

Outside my Window... A mocking bird is singing his little heart out and Josiah and Grace are deep in their imaginative world

I am thinking... I really need to start planning the annual Thanksgiving Dinner and Christmas Gift Exchange

From the teacher's desk... We are taking a break to enjoy the cooler weather

I am thankful for... a husband who doesn't mind getting up at 2:30am to care for a baby who wont go back to sleep.

One meal on the menu this week... BBQ Chicken Pizza and Salad

I am wearing... A green skirt, flip flops, a yellow shirt, and my hair is in a bun.

I am reading... Aunt Hill by Louisa May Alcott

I am praying for... my sister

Bible verse of the week... Matthew 16:24-26 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses  his life for me will find it. What good will it  be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

I am creating... A sock monkey for Josiah as a Christmas present.

I am hearing... My children talk to each other in their own language

Reflection of last weeks happenings... I get these really bad canker sores (not cold sores, those are contagious) because of hormonal fluctuations. The pain from them gets to the point to were I just want to rip my lips off and the glands under my chin get very swollen. Doctors say that there is nothing that you can do about them except just numbing the pain. I really dislike just putting something on to numb the pain because pain is the bodies way of telling us that there is something not right. I'd rather treat the cause rather then the pain. This week I finally found a cure that works for me and it works for everything that I have tried it on. It is called Garlic! I made my poultice out of pressed garlic. I just place the poultice on the glands under my chin for about 10 seconds each side alternating three times. I did this about two times a day (when ever my glands started swelling) for two days and now my canker sore is just about healed.

What's happening this week... Nothing much that I know of.

One of my favorite things... French Vanilla Hot Chocolate

What's new with the children... Josiah finally learned how to pedal his trike this past  weekend. Grace has been letting me do her hair a lot. Autumn is learning how to let go and stand and she has one tooth.

Here is a picture(s) I thought I'd share with you...DSCF6013

DSCF5952

  DSCF6054 DSCF6063

Comments

Kamella said…
Hey darling!!!

Looks like all is well with the McNeely's Josiah looks SO much like Johnathan in the fist pics! I miss you guys! Grace looks just like you. Autumn is getting SO SO SO big! Has it REALLY been that long since I've seen you?

Keep updating!

Love you girlfriend!
Angela said…
Cute pics...I can't believe how big they're getting!!! Miss you!
LFlores said…
you're praying for me???? that made me tear up!!!! love you hermana!!