The Season of Autumn


Autumn is my most favorite season, but living in the desert in Arizona it can be very difficult to notice (like it is for my husband) this change of seasons. But if you have lived here all your life, like I have, you will know when the change happens. Autumn here does not show it self in the change of the beautiful leaves or cooler weather that requires a sweater in the evening. I would LOVE to experience an autumn like that but I must be content with what I have because God has so given me the things that I need. Now that the Autumn Equinox has passed I have, during this past week, tried to find things that would help me and my family notice the feel of autumn wether it is 105 degrees or not.

What is Autumn?

- The way the breeze smells. It's doesn't smell scorched like it does in the summer time. It's very hard to explain in words
- Soft and warm ginger bread cookies with apple tea and the smell of them both cooking and steeping.
- The breeze blowing in my hair.
- Listening and dancing to bluegrass music
- Family gatherings on the back porch
- The smell and taste of peach crisp and apple pie.
- Candles. Especially Pumpkin spice and Apple
- Getting to spend every minute of every day out of doors.
- Listening to James Taylor's October Road

How do you know when autumn has arrived at your door step?
Blessings,
Tara
12:43 AM
1 view
email

Comments