Daybook Monday, November 17, 2008

Outside my Window...Kids are playing outside as usual. The washer is doing a jig with Josiah's clothes :)

From the teacher's desk... We just got done learning about over and under and tomorrow and for the rest of the week we'll be learning inside and outside and front and back. I've been noticing that Josiah get really bored with what we have been learning so today I added another worksheet for him today and he's learning to draw left to right.

I am thankful for... yummy tea that makes my sore throat feel good.

One meal on the menu this week... My husband and I love bell peppers so while I was planning the meal plan for this week I came across Stuffed Peppers  recipe. It calls for textured vegetable protein. I have no idea were to find that because I have never seen it while grocery shopping so I will be substituting it with shredded chicken.

I am wearing... A white skirt with blue, teal, and yellow flowers on it, green shirt, bare feet, and hair in a braid.

I am reading... nothing right now

I am praying for... For churches in America to forsake the fads that they follow and cling only to the gospel.

Bible verse of the week... Psalm 84:10b-12 I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. O LORD Almighty, blessed in the man who trusts in you.

I am creating... Just finishing up all of the Christmas presents and gearing up for Thanksgiving.

I am hearing... The children jabbering to each other.

Reflection of last weeks happenings... hmm.. The date that my husband and I went on was so wonderful and peaceful. We went to an art walk and the to Oregano's for buffalo wings and their cookie dessert. I got sick on Friday and had no energy to keep the house in order. I just have a stuffy nose now.  Saturday we all went up North to visit with my parents-in-love and with a couple we used to go to church with. Oh and Josiah's Dr. said that he looks perfect so I am very thankful for that.

What's happening this week... I'm focusing  on organizing my families Thanksgiving dinner this week

One of my favorite things... A clean kitchen

What's new with the children... Autumn is starting to be so independent that I think I'm going to cry. She also turned 9 months on Sunday. Josiah and Grace like to drink hot chocolate and they call it their coffee :) This morning Josiah said he wanted a Starbucks (he has never had a Starbucks by the way).

Here is a picture(s) I thought I'd share with you...

DSCF6299

DSCF6300 

Aunt Brianne did Grace's fingers and toes this past weekend100_4966

Josiah and Grace did my hair on Friday. Isn't it lovely!? and Photographer Josiah took the picture.

Comments

Audrey said…
I used to love it when you did my hair...Mom
LFlores said…
your children amaze me!!!
First i am very thankful that everything is good with Josiah!

I am very amazed that Josiah is a starbucks addict as well. i will be more than happy to take him for a drink sometime with me. new addicts are always welcome.

your hair looks amazing. and josiah took that picture?!?!? oh my goodness!!

and i am looking forward to a lovely thanksgiving.

i am thankful for... my sister =)

love you,

Laura
Gail said…
you're an awesome mommy, Tara! I love ya bunches! hugs, Gail