Anyone up for an update?

Ok, so this post will probably be very random, so I'll apologize before hand.

Quote from the movie Into Great Silence that I thought explained why church symbols are so important to keep.

If you abolish the symbols, then you tear down the walls of your own house... When we abolish the [symbols], we lose our orientation. Instead we should search for their meaning.

This quote brought to my mind the following. Some of the symbols in the Lutheran church are the liturgyAdvent Wreath, the church year; such as Lent, Advent, Easter, Pentecost. Other "simple" symbols are baptism, communion, the altar, the altar clothing and the vestments. If my church would abolish these symbols, I know (from experience) that I would loose my orientation. If my pastor (God forbid) failed to feed the congregation both the Law and the Gospel in his sermon, we would still be given that "food" through the liturgy. If the celebrations throughout the church year were abolished would the congregation ever ponder the sufferings and death of their Savior (Hebrews 12:2), such as one is to do during Lent? Would the congregation forget that their pastor serves them as God's representative if he only wears Hawaiian shirt and jeans at the altar (what would have happened if Aaron had worn a Hawaiian shirt and jeans going into the Most Holy of Holies, in the Old Testament)? On the surface these symbols may seem out of date, old fashioned, and, dare I say, boring; but before a church throws them all out the pastor AND the congregation should search their meanings out. They may find out that they love the old, boring, out-of-date symbols even more than they did before.

Me. I obviously have not been blogging very much. I am sorry! Life get's so fast sometimes and before I know it I haven't sat and written anything for awhile. I do love to write, it's just finding the time to sit in front of this here computer to get it all out of my head. I have been writing in a journal and sometime I do post something from my journal like I did above.

My Husband. He was off of work from Christmas eve until the 5th of January. I did enjoy him being home for so long. He was able to spend time with the children and of course with his wife :)

Josiah. Has been learning how to "draw" on the computer. I taught him how to use the mouse and he has so much fun with it. He is getting so tall! He's about five inches above my elbow tall. I cannot believe that he will be four next month. Was it really that long ago that I birthed him? He's also becoming more territorial with his room and who can go in it :)

Grace. She is my little helper. I was going through my box of craft/sewing projects in my craft room and she came in and started helping me and asking about what everything was. She and Autumn are sharing a room now (no, there are no babies in our forecast) and she loves having a companion to be by her. So far it has been working out wonderfully. She will be 3 soon!

Autumn. She's walking!!!! She started walking a week before Christmas. That is her main mode of transportation. She's still my cuddle bug (I hope she never grows out of that). I've also have been noticing that she likes to comfort Josiah or Grace, and even me if we are crying or upset. It's so cute. She loves to talk on her phone! She will be one next month.

Random pictures of our month.

I wish this was a view of our backyard. We went up North to see snow before it melted.

Comments

Gail said…
Hi Tara! I love the blog and especially love the pictures! It's funny you updated today bcause I was thinking last night that it had been awhile since you last posted anything and figured it was because life got REALLY busy! Happy Wednesday! love, your M.I.L.
Great pics! Lovely family.

~Susan
LFlores said…
I always enjoy reading your blogs! Wow Tara. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the meanings of church symbals, things that I really do miss in Church. I might just send you an e-mail.

Love,
Lil sis
p[op[ said…
random pictures of the month: you have a beautiful family! your kiddos are growing up so quickly! God bless you and your family!

lily.