A new journey has begun

Well it finally happened yesterday. My husband, after four years, was let go. His job was extremely expendable and, the way the economy has been going, we've been expecting it.

Here are some verses that have popped in my head this morning.

  • James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of you faith developers perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
  • 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, than I am strong

This thought occurred to me yesterday, as I took the children on a walk.

One really cannot know what will happen in a hour or in a day.

One can get so used to living thinking that everything is in their power. That their job will be there tomorrow. That their lives will go on forever. That there will always be money in the bank and that there will always be food to eat. This just goes to show that God IS completely in control of everything. He provides for us, His lowly creatures, everything we will ever need. One must be satisfied with that and considerate PURE JOY to lose everything. I cannot say that I'm jumping for joy that my husband lost his job, but I am joyful in the fact that my God WILL provide, just as He always has in our life, and that we will get to witness him working in our lives.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tara-I am so random when it comes to checking blogs.. and today I just checked yours... I will be praying for you guys.. that a new job will come your way soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers:) The verses you have on here are perfect.