Caution: Blind Curves Ahead

 

It has been such a nice break from posting on here and, to be honest, I haven't missed it that much. But I will keep on posting because because sometimes I get an itch to write and because of the new circumstances in our lives.

Last time I wrote I announced that my husband was laid off from his job.  As of March 20th, exactly 5 weeks from being laid off, he was offered a job. Now this job just happened to be 2 hours away from my parents (also 2 hours away from were we lived) and 1 hour away from his parents. So to make a long story short all was said and done (like finding a house to live in, signing a lease for the house, packing, and moving) in a week (this was completely God's timing) and he started work on March 30th.

Can I say completely EXAHSTING!!

This move is/was so hard on all of us. So many memories that happened in our old house. So many friends that we had made, such as our wonderful neighbors across the street. Josiah even said that he misses his big blue room and doesn't like his new small room. So many family get together's that we will be absent at. And a cat, that my husband and I have had since we had been engaged, to leave behind. I am missing everything familiar. But this is were God wants us to be, out of our comfort zone, taking us out of our molds and shaping us in a different environment. Using us for His kingdom.

Me and my husband's dream has always been to live in a small town, live on a good size land, and live some place where it is a lot cooler than the Valley. I have prayed earnestly for that. I thought that that prayer would be answered maybe when we were "retired", but God has answered that prayer sooner than I expected it. So this new job, new house, AND new town is so bittersweet for me in the sense that it requires me to live somewhere where I know no one and somewhere were I can raise my children in the fresh cool air, in a laid back style of a small town, and where evil is so much more hidden for my children's eyes.

I will leave you will a couple of picture from the area around our new home.

 

Comments

Gail said…
Oh, Tara, I wish I could give you a big hug right now and make everything all better! God's way is uncomfortable for us, but the peace that comes with that is priceless, I'm sure you know! Like giving birth! I've been praying for you 'cuz I remember how hard it was for me when we first moved here. It took awhile to develope friendships. God will bless you as you look into the nooks and crannies of your life there! Love, ~me~
Cowboy's Gypsy said…
Tara- I'm Gail's "cous" and found your blog through hers...I LOVE your outlook and the kingdom living attitude that shapes your home and life. God will bring you many opportunities to minister (it may be through a greeting or a smile) and you will bless and be blessed by new friends. it is so refreshing to see a young woman who desires to love her husband, be a keeper of a home and raise a godly see for HIS kigdom. You are blessed!