Daybook Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Outside my Window...It's a little breeze, warm (95 degrees) and birds are eating from the bird feeder that my mommy-in-love gave me.DSCF9319
From the teacher's desk...  Josiah is learning the sounds of the letters and can read the words man, ran, fan, and Sam by himself. He's also practicing writing the letters m, a. n, f, s and his name. I am using Word Mastery by Florance Akin (you'll need Adobe to view the book). Grace is currently working through a workbook that I got at Wal-mart. It has just a mixture of everything in it. She wants to do what Josiah is doing (she is learning the sounds of the letters, but not writing them yet) but she is just not mentally or physically read for that yet.  Autumn is my little side kick when it comes to school time. She likes to sort things and make a very big messes (which helps in teaching her how to clean up) and she loves to color.
DSCF9242
DSCF9300 
I am thankful for... My husband, my children, where I live, and the job that my husband has.
One meal on the menu this week... I'm going to give you two meals!
Last night I made  Pacific Rim Wraps with Creamy Citrus Dressing from Nestle's Very Best Baking website.  I didn't have cranberries or almonds  or sugar snap peas so I mixed in Mozzarella cheese and peas from the freezer. While I was mixing up the dressing I wasn't to sure about what it would taste like, but I shouldn't have worried it was SO yummy!
Tomorrow night we are having our friends from church over to have hamburgers and hot dogs. I'm planning on making Spring Strawberry Spinach Salad from AllRecipes.com.
I am wearing... gym shorts and a gray and white stripped top.
I am reading... Sherlock Holmes yes still, but I am on volume two.
I am praying for... this baby to come on Friday, October 9th in the evening or that weekend.  It would be so much less complicated and scary if it happened that way.
Bible verse of the week... Our memory verse this week to go along with our word of the week Helpful
Proverbs 3:27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act.
I am creating... nothing right now just working on keeping the house clean.
Reflection of last weeks happenings... Tiring
What's happening this week... Friends over tomorrow night and going to Prescott for a midwife appointment.
One of my favorite things... the sunlight in the evening.
Here is a picture(s) I thought I'd share with you... just some random pictures from the past couple of weekends.
DSCF9241
DSCF9266
DSCF9460
DSCF9350
DSCF9365
These were taken at our local park
DSCF9375
DSCF9376
DSCF9378
Finding rolly pollies with Daddy
DSCF9384 DSCF9385 DSCF9386
Ring around the rosy with Daddy.

Comments