Crawdads, Corn, & Children

My mother-in-love, Gail, told me that I needed to write in my blog again. So here I am, being a good little daughter-in-love, and obeying :)

Let me see...

On Saturday I took the kids to the Arizona Crawdad Festival, where my husband had a booth set up for his work. I didn't get to take any pictures because, well, I had three kids to watch after, but there were plenty of moments that were perfect and we made memories together. We ate some delicious $5 BBQ pulled pork sandwiches (the crawdads where $15 for 5 lbs and I really dislike them so we didn't eat them) and some homemade chocolate ice cream. My husband told me he had some alligator-on-a-stick to eat. Some lady gave my husband one of those 5lb pans to take home FULL of crawdads.

I love Sundays around here. I try to make it stress free and have all of my chores done, the house clean, and the yard picked up by Saturday evening. Sundays are the only days that my husband gets to take off from work, so this is a MUST for me to do.

[He feels that Sunday is his day to play catch up. He tries to fit too much in and doesn't relax (which is what he really needs) and ends up being so frustrated and annoyed that there aren't enough hours in the day to do what he wants to get done. My Husband is such a hard worker and when he comes home I just want him to be relaxed.]

We "surprised" the children by putting a crawdad on each of their breakfast plates. Josiah gave a funny grin, Grace said she didn't want it and Autumn looked at us like do I have to eat that? It was so funny! And we did give them regular breakfast food :)

After church us girls had some pancakes (which reminds me that I NEED to put that recipe on here. They are so good!) for lunch, while the boys had their crawdads.

DSCF8665 DSCF8666

DSCF8672 DSCF8679

DSCF8678

What a brave girl! :)

DSCF8681

This is what Autumn thought of them! (her yucky face)

DSCF8695

This is how many the boys ate. (Josiah lined them up after eating them)

Oh, and do you know what you are supposed to do with crawdads after you eat them?!

 

At one of my husbands appointments a couple of weeks ago, a very generous man gave us some homemade concentrate compost tea to use in our garden. So after our very long Sunday afternoon naps, we got up to put it on our highly fragrant rose bushes, watermelon and on our dozen corn sprouts.

DSCF8640

After tending to the garden we all felt like having a picnic. So we packed everyone up and went to the Horsey park (an area park that is next to a horse ranch) and ate some pizza and cherry limeades from Sonic. After dinner the kids caught some frogs and snails in the bushes and climbed up the gianormase trees in the park.

DSCF8698

See, now aren't Sundays so relaxing in the country?

I'll leave you with sweet peas.

DSCF8646

Comments

Angela said…
So cute Tara! Thanks for the updates. I love it that Josiah was excited to eat the crawdads...boys crack me up. So I asked you this on Facebook, but how do you get your blog to feed over as your Facebook status??

Love ya!