A prayer for a mother in labor

Madonna & Child

I received this prayer in my home-birthing kit and I didn't want to loose it, so I'm writing it on here. I cried when I read it (but I cry at anything these days).

Dear Father,

thank You for this new baby.

Would you protect and nurture this baby and bring this pregnancy to full term.

In labor, would You remove all fear and replace it with faith and expectation.

Please give those attending the birth wisdom to take the best care of mother and  baby.

Please let this baby be born normal and whole, healthy and strong, and at home with no complications with baby or mother.

Father, thank you for hearing my prayer, for I pray in the name of Him who is called

Wonderful,

Counselor,

The Mighty God,

The Everlasting Father,

The Prince of Peace.

Amen

 

By Donna Wilson

Comments

Christine said…
How beautiful! Praying for your pregnancy!I am a home-birthing mama, too. Many blessings!