The Verde River Again?!

We live near the Verde River in Arizona and lately I've been longing to be near it and just take in the outdoors. I think it has something to do with me almost at my time of labor and knowing that I wont be able to enjoy and hike around the river when I have a little one to be attending too. So this past weekend we spent a lot of time near the river and hiked.

On Saturday, Arizona was having it's annual free admission to any state park and museum day. Being penniless, we took advantage of the opportunity to visit Dead Horse State Park. 

DSCF9847 

DSCF9849

DSCF9856

DSCF9860

DSCF9862

DSCF9868

This is were I hope we can take our Christmas picture at. The foliage frames everything so nice. and if you move to the bottom step you have this view, which is the next picture.

DSCF9872

At the top of the stairs they were getting ready to have a Civil War reenactment.

DSCF9879

DSCF9889

They had a tent set up with some of the things you would see in the 1800's. Like

DSCF9880

Civil War guns that you have to reload after each fire,

DSCF9884

Pretty wicker baskets filled with yummy treats,

DSCF9888

Books that I want in my library,

DSCF9893

and women dressed up in my favorite time period of clothing.

DSCF9896

The Confederate solders.

DSCF9894

The Union soldiers.

DSCF9895

Hummmm... Looks like a Confederate playing for the other team.

DSCF9897

Yep, that's what it looks like.

 

On Sunday, we went to our favorite park and had hot dogs, Coleslaw, and Macaroni salad.

DSCF9898

DSCF9900

The children had fun having freedom to just run!

DSCF9902 DSCF9905 DSCF9907

Children eating cookies after dinner.

I hope that next time I blog it will be about the new little one joining our family.

Comments

I love these pictures! I am with you on the time period clothes, I just LOVE that time. Your children are beautiful. And I totally got the part about being penniless. I'm So there. But its okay because we have God in our lives, which makes us rich :)