Last minute gift ideas, anyone?

Here are a few gift ideas that can take you less than an evening from start to finish to make. I used the things I had around the house  for all of the presents that I made (it would have cost me nothing , to make everything, if I had had enough poly-fil , matchboxes, and large wooden beads lying around).
Burlap dolls (you don't have to use burlap)
DSCF0729
I had a ton of burlap that my dad got for me from a garage sale, so I used that for the  dolls and for the teddy bear below. I used this pattern for the doll (I cropped  this pattern on the computer and printed it out on 8.5 x 11 paper and taped it together to make it bigger) and this pattern for the dresses (I used only the front pattern for both the back and front). I sewed around the outside, because I like how the burlap frays, first on the sewing machine and then I had sewed a decorative stitch beside the machine stitch. And of course I embroidered the faces.
DSCF0731 


Burlap Teddy Bear


DSCF0732 
To make the pattern for this teddy bear, I traced around my son's teddy bear on paper. I used the same sewing technic as above except without the clothes.

DSCF0733
I love how this one turned out!

Little Bunny Friend
Grace loves bunnies so I thought I'd make her one for Christmas.
DSCF0734
I used this pattern that I found. The only thing I would do different is make the pattern twice as big, because it was a huge pain to sew and turn it right side out again (I almost gave up)! and DON'T use a t-shirt, like it says, because the first one I made ripped apart when I went to turn it right side out.
DSCF0735
 DSCF0737 She even has a tail :)

Terry Cloth Kitty Cat


DSCF0739 
Autumn loves kitty cats, so this year I made her a terry cloth kitty cat. This one was a lot of fun to make. I had some old stretchy pj pants that I used and it was wonderful to work with. For some reason I couldn't get the darts in the pattern to work quite right, so I took them out and it turned out ok.
DSCF0738
The pattern says to sew on the face when it's stuffed but I sewed this kitty cat's face on right before I stuffed it.

Josiah's Cape

DSCF0740
Josiah is always wanting a blanket clothespined around his neck, so I make his a J cape for him for his Christmas present. I just sewed around the outside and machine appliqued the J on and made ties for the front of the cape.
DSCF0741
DSCF0742 

Not so tiny Traveling Doll Houses

DSCF0743
These where so much fun to make. I got the idea from this blog. She uses the little matchboxes, but I couldn't find those anywhere so I used the large ones.
DSCF0747This is Grace's doll for her house. I'd like to make more of these little flower petal dolls and I think  I'll do a tutorial on them because I had to think for quite awhile on how to get the two beads to say together and not fall apart
DSCF0748  and this is the bed for her dolly.
DSCF0745 Autumn's dolly
DSCF0749 Autumn's dolly's bed.
so what did I do with all of those matches..... I made a.....

Burnt Match Cross

DSCF0757
I used the adult version on the DLTK website.

A Car Cozy

DSCF0755
You can find these Car Cozies on Etsy for about $20, but I made mine for free. They are so incredibly simple to make, but I'm not going to try and explain how I made it.
DSCF0754
I machine appliqued a road on the cozy for the cars to drive on.
DSCF0756
and when the cars are all done driving you put them in their garages and roll them up and tie the cozy up so none of the cars fall out.

Enjoy making your last minute Christmas gifts!

Comments

Everything you made is so beautiful. I have a soft spot in my heart for softies! :)

We made car cozy's this year for Christmas too. I just posted about them... I can't wait to see their reaction!
You did such an amazing job! I hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas :)
~Jessica
Cordelia Hosler said…
Saw you visited so came to see who you are! :) Just love your creativity.....especially your bunny friend! Blessings as you look to Him to love and care for your four precious ones.