Menu Monday

Menu Monday

I've decided to start something new and exciting for this blog. Each week I am going to  make a full course dinner (full course dinner for our family is a main dish, side dish, a bread, a dessert and sometimes a beverage) on either a Saturday or a Sunday for my family and post the recipes with pictures and some comments about the process of making that dinner and what my family thought of the meal on the following Monday.

What started this idea?

  • I want to have a yummy heavy dinner that I can look forward to making once a week.
  • I LOVE to cook! But it is so difficult trying to cook a full course meal, or even a healthy one, with a three month old and three other children under foot. So I will be making this meal on the weekend when my husband is home to watch the children while I cook.
  • Websites that CHARGE for full course menus!! (Drives me crazy!)
  • After seven weeks of posting a dinner menu, I'll have a weeks worth of daily menus planned!!
  • And if other bloggers want to participate (with a MckLinky) you could, eventually, come to this blog and plan your menus for a week or a whole month!!! This would, of course, depend on how many bloggers participate.

So join me as I gather my cookbooks, plan something yummy to make this week, and I will post them next Monday with a MckLinky so that you can join in the fun!

And for the fun of it lets have a main course theme of BEEF.

Comments

Unknown said…
Sounds WONDERFUL! I really need some fresh ideas! Can't promise anything spectacular coming outta my kitchen...:)
I am doing one too! Its part of I'm an organizing junkies blog. Check out my website if you would like. I am always up for blogging about food and recipes. This sounds like something I would love to do with you. Have an awesome dinner :) ~Jessica @amomsguidetosurvival.blogspot.com