Running out of fingers

Josiah is 5 today! I told him that next year he'll have to use both hands when he tells someone how old he is :)

For Josiah's birthday I wanted to do a scavenger hunt for him to find his presents.

He opened my card last and on the back I wrote:

Your first clue:

BOOKS

DSCF1655

Clue: BIKE

DSCF1656 DSCF1661

He got a present, which was a guitar watch, and a

clue: GOODNIGHT

DSCF1662

Clue: CLOCK

DSCF1667

His next present was behind the clock on our mantle.

Clue: GO WASH YOUR CLOTHES 

DSCF1671

This present was from Grandma and Poppy; it was new socks!

Clue: TREE

DSCF1676 DSCF1678

Clue: CAR

DSCF1680

Everyone was running to our car and there was a present, which was a game, and a

Clue: ICE

DSCF1683

His next clue is on the box with the blue lid and it said

Clue: LOOK DOWN

DSCF1684

So he looked down below and he saw his Monster Truck Cake that had a NEW monster truck on it.

DSCF1685

It was half of a Dirt Cake recipe, without the gummy worms. Grace and I made it look like a monster truck show.

He thoroughly enjoyed his scavenger hunt and he thanked me (without any prompting from anyone) for making dinner and his monster truck cake!

I love you Mr. Boy!

  DSCF1638

Comments