A highchair!

I have always loved the look of old high chairs and I promised myself I would buy one someday, to adorn my kitchen. Well, I received an old high chair (I think it’s from the 1940’s, but I’m not sure of that) for my birthday last month! I was so excited! Here is a before!

DSCF4299

Isn’t so ugly? It was to me!

It was a wobbly little chair, so I took it all apart, sanded it down (by hand) and glued it back together with Gorilla Glue. My favorite part, of course was painting it! Can you guess what color I painted it? I was going to paint it apple red (because that’s my favorite color to use in the kitchen), but then I also like an earthy olive green…..but then I thought “It’s a child’s chair, not a grown ups one.” So I painted it…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSCF4555

No more little ugly teddy bear looking thing with pig tails! In it’s place….

DSCF4557 

 DSCF4556

This is on the tray, I only put one flower design it because I didn’t want to go stencil crazy and make it look cheesy.

 

DSCF4558

This is on the foot rest.

Isn’t it so beautiful?!

Comments