Just a few words…. or random thoughts…or, should I say, a lot of few words…

IMG_0375

Really?! Has it been that long (September 2011) since I last wrote on my blog? Life just gets away with me! I thought I’d try (key word is try here) to post more often during Lent since it is supposed to be a time of slowing down, looking inside oneself, fasting, and trying to not be so darn self-centered, boy is that hard!

Today marks the day of Grace loosing her first tooth! She is so self conscious about it, but I got her to smile to show it off for my camera.

IMG_0378

 

Brendan is now six months old. He had his well check up yesterday and he weighs 18 lbs 6 oz and he is 27in. tall. Doctor Green said that he is in the 80th percentile…I don’t really know what that means, but I do know that Grace (who was/is my smallest baby) was in the 5th percentile when she was his age

. IMG_0230 2

For Lent I try to read at least one spiritual book. The one I picked this time was Path to Salvation: A Manual of Spiritual Transformation by St. Theophan the Recluse. This book is basically what it is….a manual to guide you through the thick and thin of your walk of salvation. St. Theophan is so wise in, I think, every work that I have read of his. He talks about things that you will not find in the modern Christian book store self help books, therefore helping one on their path to salvation. Here is what I read today that was so insightful, that I thought I would share it with you.

The Invisible Kingdom Of Spirits In Which Each Sinner is Immersed

Satan has a single concern: that he be completely occupied in a persons consciousness, attention, and heart, so that God could not be the sole occupier, but that something outside of God be attached to the persons mind, will, and heart, so that the person has something in place of God and only cares about what he knows, enjoys, and possesses.

There are not only carnal and mental passions, but also specious things such as learnedness, artistry, and worldliness that can serve as the bonds of Satan for keeping blinded sinners in his power and not allowing them to come to their senses.

Isn’t it helpful to know how Satan works and how he tries to get at us, so that we can be on guard?

What are you reading, doing, or not doing for lent?

Comments