Homemade Diaper Bag

IMG_0591

The diaper bag that I had was store bought of course and I had it since my 4th was born about 2 1/2 years ago and it was starting show it is age. One of the handles was holding on by a thread. I couldn’t bear the thought of spending $50 or more on another good sturdy one (even though I would have loved to go shopping for one!), so I made one for free! The most nerving part was figuring out how to sew the inside on. I was so nervous!!

 

IMG_0600

The denim looking fabric was a the backing, that i had saved, off of a quilt that had worn out.

IMG_0597

The boat fabric i salvaged from a twin sheet that had holes in it and the burlap was the last of a large bolt of fabric that my dad had given me a long while ago.

IMG_0594

The button was in a button tin that my mom bought for me at a garage sale.

IMG_0596 

I did all this without being able to find my fabric scissors!

IMG_0599 

It’s wonderfully roomy inside and it has a total of 8 pockets!

 IMG_0595

I think it turned out beautiful.

Comments

Tara you did a great job! You should think about making more and selling them at a craft fair or on esty.com