Ugh….

Today has just been one of those day. I just want to drop my kids off somewhere and kidnap my husband from work and just drive…drive somewhere were it’s quiet. Where there is no wining. No mommy…mommy…..mommy, five googol times an hour! Where I don’t have to worry about dishes, laundry, or spending time making a meal for 5 little mouths that they wont like anyway. Where I don’t have to break up fights.

Just now my oldest asked me. “How many days has the clothes been in the dryer?” UGH!!! There are currently 3 baskets full of clean clothes that are haunting me “You’ll never find the time to fold me, Bahahaha!!!”

I LOVE my children, my family, and my husband so dearly. I cannot imagine a day without any one of them. I wouldn’t trade my life for anything.

That being said, life around my house isn’t always what some people think it is…quiet, happy, and organized. I am not superwoman. I am not patient. I am not happy go lucky. I don’t always have a smile on my face. I yell. Spontaneity  never happens. Vacations ….wait what are those! I’m not even going to mention when the last time I had a date with my husband because I don’t even remember

Raising five children is not like raising 4, or 3, or 2, or 1. Raising five children is like raising five children. Only those women who have or are raising five children know what its like. Breaks are non existent except when I lay my head on the pillow, have a bathroom break, or go out to the mailbox. Some times I hate its guts and some time I’m deeply in love with raising five children!

Quite honestly I’m overwhelmed and just need a break. (and this goes for my husband too, poor guy)

I’m sorry for ranting on my blog to you. I’m not looking for sympathy. I just want to be honest with those who read my blog that I am not the least bit near perfect.

I’m glad I don’t live on Perfection :)

Comments

My children are grown, and still call me ranting, whining, and hollaring Momma, Momma!

Life has slowed down for me, but, I'm helping raise my sweet, little, 3-yr-old niece. I have clothes on top of the dryer in need of folding, towels in the dryer, and piles needing to be washed. Dishes are in the washer to be unloaded, and I'm sure by morning, will need to be reloaded from grazing.

My sister suggested today that I should work on new menus because the standards are getting boring.

Life is hard. I, too, am happy I don't live on perfection as I tried to do when my children were little. It nearly drove me nuts. Which is why one of my blogs is called The Burn Queen.

Enjoy your day, I enjoyed your honesty.