Review of April 2012

IMG_0634

Life has been busy, and when is it not?

This past April was not dull by any means. We started our month out by celebrating Easter with my Family-In-Loves.

We enjoyed a delicious ham (which was so nice to have after awhile of fasting)  and finding eggs in their backyard.

IMG_0631

and just spending time with each other, which I enjoy so much!

IMG_0643

These three lovely ladies (from left to right) are my mother-in-love Gail, Grandmom (Gail’s mother), and Marla (Gail’s sister)

IMG_0675

My husband gave me a bouquet of roses this month, just because, and they lasted for over a week (the flower above was my favorite. It was simple perfect in the way it blossomed). I have them hanging up from my pot rack in my kitchen to dry.

This month was also the much anticipated Pascha (the Orthodox Christian Easter) for us. Our Pascha service at church starts at 11:30 at night on a Saturday and ends about 1:30 am Sunday. But time flies in the Paschal service, but cause everyone knows at the end Christ is truly risen, there is no more fasting from their favorite things, and there will be food. Not just any food, but meat (glorious meat!), desserts, wine, mashed potatoes and gravy after the service. These were some of the things we had been fasting from for Lent. We shared a Pascha basket with our friends and had such a nice sleepy time eating our stomachs full, as full as stomachs can get at two in the morning :).

Later that day we had our same friends over that we shared our basket with for dinner and had our Easter egg hunt. I have no idea how many eggs my friend Kristin and I hid but between both families we had two grocery bags full!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My husband and I built a fire pit simple because we needed one (we have lots of debris from cleaning up the yard)  and didn't want to fork out the money to buy one.

IMG_0718

We used clay that we found while we were digging the hole for the fire pit to hold the river rocks together and we used the rocks from the border of our flowerbed in our front yard (the rocks were replaced with cedar logs for a nicer looking bed) to build the walls. This was honestly so much fun working together on this project because we both did equally hard labor to achieve something that we really wanted to have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

On one Saturday we took a drive to through the Bradshaw mountains just because we needed a break from usually stuff.

IMG_0725

Autumn’s nature finds.

IMG_0731

I love the smell of pine! It’s one of those smells that cannot be duplicated, just like the ocean smell!

IMG_0737

This is moss and though it doesn’t look like it, it is very soft!

IMG_0744

This is called Old Man’s Beard it is also a kind of moss, but it is a dry moss, therefore it is great to use for starting a fire with flintIMG_0750

Josiah building a “shelter”.

IMG_0754

I loved all the layers and colors of this bark off of a rotting tree.

IMG_0769

Me and my husband.

IMG_0774

Brendan playing in the sand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Grand Canyon was our next trip this month. It was the first time for our children and the first time for me since I was 13. Not much had changed ;-). But it was still breathtaking!. We went with our friends and my sister and her fiancé.

IMG_0787

There are more pictures on my photography blog here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And the last major event of April was Brendan turning 8 MONTHS OLD! How can that be possible?

Comments