Daybook Monday

I haven’t done one of these is such a long time! I kind of miss doing them so I’m going to bring them back! You can join me if you want too!

Outside my Window...

The smell of smoke is in the air and it is rather hazy because of it (The smoke is from the Gladiator fire in Crown King, Arizona) and the sound of air tankers fly overhead!

I’m thinking….

about a clutter of things!

What’s been bugging me…

Doctors who prescribe unnecessary medicine just to cover something up rather than finding out what the problem is, when the problem can be easily fixed by a simple diet change!. (this really maddens me)

From the teacher's desk...

  • Josiah is learned multiplying by 2 (he already know multiplying by 5’s and 10’s) and he is working on reading John.
  • Grace just learned adding nine to a number (super easy!) and is getting far along in her reading book
  • Autumn is mostly concentrating on playing with Andrew right now and will start Kindergarten in July (we are starting to to year around school)
  • Andrew LOVES to play with play dough! We made some together this afternoon.
  • Brendan is currently not in school :)
  • 10 Days left of school!!!!

I am thankful for...

My godmother who came by this morning with tea and to chat with me for awhile! It felt good to do something different than our normal routine.

One meal on the menu this week...

Hamburgers maybe? I might use this recipe.

I am wearing...

Pink shirt, black skirt with pink polka dots, and bare feet.

I am reading...

The lion, the witch, and the wardrobe. Never read this before and I am really enjoying it!

I am praying for...

Lots of things!!! For my friends to find a house soon, my friend’s baby girl, for the fire to be done, for me and my husband’s sanity (things get so crazy around here sometimes that I really don’t know what to do)…..

Bible verse or quote of the week...

Today, Constantine with his mother Helen present the Cross, the most precious wood. It shames unbelievers. It is a weapon of faithful kings against their adversaries. A great sign has come forth for us which is awesome in battle.

I am creating...

Something for my sister’s wedding

I am hearing...

Andrew playing with play dough, three children playing house in a box, and Brendan wanting to go to bed.

Reflection of last weeks happenings...

Last week was me and my husband’s 8th anniversary.

Whenever we go somewhere I warm up water in the kettle and put it in a insulated coffee cup and stick it in the side of Brendan’s diaper bag just in case he would need a bottle. Well I put the bag with the cup in it on the floor and Brendan crawled over to it and knocked it over and the mug spilled a bit of the hot water onto his foot. It caused a 2nd degree burn :( I felt so bad! It is healing up wonderfully but he hates to have something on his foot all the time!

What's happening this week...

Library! We haven’t gone in such a long time and I miss it!

One of my favorite things...

Homemade crème brulee!

What's new with the children...

Brendan has three teeth now!

Here is a picture I thought I'd share with you...

IMG_1012 2

Grace took this picture! Isn’t she awesome!!

A question for you….

How in the world do I potty train a boy?!?! I haven’t potty trained a boy in 5 1/2 years! Andrew doesn’t care when his diaper is soiled and doesn’t care even if he is wearing underwear! Help!

Comments

Brianne said…
Oh my word.. that picture of you and Jonathan and Brendan is SO sweet!!