Thanksgiving Mantel

I saw this idea of making a mantel from a pallet on Pinterest and I thought I would make it for our home. We have a wood burning stove, not a fireplace, but I really wanted a mantel. I've sorely missed the mantel that we had in our old house when we lived in Cottonwood.

After my husband sawed off some parts of a pallet and nailed them together for me, Josiah and I got working on painting it! Last night we hung it up and today I decorated it.



I got the idea for the banner and pumpkins on Pinterest once again, but I made it mine by not painting the pumpkins white and making my own banner


The clock I've had for years, which I love, and the candle stand is from my husbands Gradmom. The squirrels are from a dear friend of mine!

The cornucopia I've had for a long time as well. And do you see the book on the very bottom? That book was printed in German by hand on a printing press in the 1700's and I only paid $30 for it!
So I guess I could say the most I spent on this mantel was $30!





Comments