40 day fasting meal plan


I don't know about you but cooking food during fasting times is both hard and easy. The hard part is finding food that everyone in my family will eat and at least looks like something that should be eaten. We Americans do not have a fasting palate so it makes it harder to find delicious food to cook. Some of these recipes that I have provided are not completely void of dairy or may have chicken broth or beef broth but you can substitute avocado for cheese and vegetable broth for chicken and beef broth. Fat is an important part to keep in mind when fasting. From my experience when we don't have enough fat in our diet we noticed that we become lethargic. A good fat to keep in your diet and is good to cook with is coconut oil.

The easy part is that I have found that I spend less time cooking! And I'm going to make it easier for you and plan out the 40 days of dinners for you! (Actually it will be three weeks of meals that get rotated twice) Every week on Monday I will be posting the weeks meals.
I will only be planning dinners because we eat oatmeal or cream of wheat for breakfasts and pb and j or leftovers for lunches. 
Another note is that we are not monastics and therefore don't eat just water, bread, and vegetables every day while fasting. We have young children and I'm currently breastfeeding one of them, so if you do see something in our meal plan that isn't fasting material please keep that in mind. (I will have another post on fasting as a family)

A few good cookbooks for fasting recipes are any of the Forks Over Knifes cookbooks. They have three now. Some of the recipes will be from those books.

Now on to the good stuff!! Enjoy!!


Comments