A reintroduction of me and my family



Today starts the beginning of the 40 day Nativity fast for the Orthodox Christian Church. Because it's the season of fasting I will be blogging my thoughts, encouragement, and various topics for the next 40 days. I hope that you enjoy reading my thoughts in my little humble corner of cyber space.
 I haven't blogged in such a long time on here I though and I thought it would be good to  reintroduce myself and my family.
My name is Tara. I'm a wife to an amazing man for the past 10 years, a stay at home mom, a photographer, an avid crocheter, baker of delicious food, wanna be gardener, a lover of all things outdoors, a reader of classic books, a homeschooler, and an Orthodox Christian.
My husband, Jonathan, is a music teacher at an elementary monissory school in a town near by. He is also the choir director at our church. God has truly blessed me with such a humble and patient husband.
We have six beautiful children ranging from ages 9 to almost 8 months old. Three boys and three girls; Brady bunch style :). We are a musical family. I played the piano for as long as I can remember, my mom taught me. I've had to lay that aside because... well, I have six kids. I also played the flute for 7 years and pick it up every once in a blue moon. And sometimes I sing in the choir at church. My husband also has a background is music. He was a jazz trumpet player all through high school and collage. He has an amazing singing voice and can play the guitar. I must not forget to mention that we met in choir in collage. Because of all the musical strengths that we both have it's no wonder that all of our children are constantly singing and making up songs.
hope you enjoy this blogging adventure for the next 40 days as much as I will. 

Comments

Mat. Brigid said…
Can't wait to read your insights!