How to get it all done and still be sane.

I've been asked this question so many times I can't even keep track!

"How do you get it all done?"
Or, better yet, this one.
"I don't know how you do it all!?"

I'm gonna reveal a little secret to you all...

I don't!!
There is no way I could possible do ALL the work in my home. 
For starters I have a very, very, very gracious husband. His expectations of me are very low, not because I'm lazy and watch daytime tv while eating bonbons all day every day, but because I have ALOT of responsibilities. I am a wife to him, a mother and teacher to our children, and a homemaker. 
I'll be honest to you that maybe four days out of the seven days in a week I  just want to quit. I want to say that I run straight to my prayer corner and weep tears of anguish and pray to Jesus. But most often I forget. (Shame on me). Because I'm so caught up in me. Wanting to walk around my house barefooted and not be afraid to step on an already smooshed grape. Wanting to have me time, wanting 5 minutes of no one singing 5 random songs at the same time. Wanting the kids to obey perfectly. Wanting to have a clean kitchen. These are my wants. None of them are my needs. My needs are to rely on Jesus to provide me the energy and peace that I need that day. Everything that comes my way He will teach me how to treat the situation. He will teach me how to act firmly with wisdom so that I do not embitter or embarrass anyone of my children or my husband. He will and does give me the strength to bear the fatigue of the day. And the most important thing He can teach me is to pray and seek Him.
This, my dear reader, is how to"get it all done", this is "how to do it all".

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong (ESV)

Comments

LFlores said…
I just laughed out loud so hard picturing you watching daytime tv, oprah, judge judy, whatever else there is XD

And now that I'm a mom, I've realized that you and all the other mom's out there don't just "get it all done." We take what we can do, and give the rest to God =]
Thank heavens for gracious husbands!